Home | What's New | Challenge for Change | Links | Archive | About | Site Map
KEW COTTAGES COALITION
UNOFFICIAL WAITING LIST
Kew Cottages Coalition Reg # A0044698H
1. The Kew Cottages Coalition invites those who are caring for the intellectually disabled to tell us about their current unmet needs, and how these could be addressed by redeveloping Kew Cottages.
2. If you would be interested in accessing any of the following services please contact us and we will send you a feedback form for you to complete:
- residential supported accommodation:
- Community residential unit
- Small cluster setting
- Village community
respite care specialist aged care special education early intervention services occupational therapy speech therapy physiotherapy specialist medical services specialist dental services swimming pool/hydrotherapy gymnasium dance therapy music therapy community gardens work experience, e.g. community café staffed by intellectually disabled people research facility multi-ability playground outdoor soundscapes trampolines peer socialisation opportunities
Registration Options for the Kew Cottages Coalition (KCC) Unofficial Waiting List
With Subject Line: Registration Request
Registering by Phone or Post:
Step 1. Contact us:
By phone: 03 9853 7708
By Post: Waiting List, KCC, PO Box 2317, KEW, Victoria 3101
Step 2. Request, complete, and return to us a Kew Cottages Coalition Waiting List Registration & Feedback form
(N.B. To Register on the Waiting List , please answer 'Yes' to the Question:
"Do you wish to protest at the closure and sale of Kew Cottages, by Registering on the Kew Cottages Waiting List ?"
Important note: This is an ‘unofficial’ waiting list set up as a protest action by the Kew Cottages Coalition.
We hope to use the information provided to us in order to help:
- Provoke a policy change by the Brack's Government;
- Provide more accommodation choices for Victoria's disabled;
- Stop the closure and sale of Kew Cottages; and
- Develop a vision for an Intellectual Disability Centre of Excellence at Kew that is both:
The Unofficial Waiting List is a research tool, aimed at helping better ascertain the unmet needs of members of the Government's own Waiting Lists..
- Responsive to the needs and concerns of the Victorian disability community today, and
- A world leader in coping with the disability challenges of tomorrow.
The Unofficial Waiting List has no legal status, and it is specifically NOT endorsed by the State Government or any of its Agents, Departments, Contractors, or Staff.
The confidentiality of any personal details supplied to the Kew Cottages Coalition is strictly guaranteed .
However, please note this form can also be filled out anonymously on your behalf by a trusted third party (eg: a family member, carer, advocate, or friend) if you prefer.
We will comply with Privacy legislation in the State of Victoria in handling all personal information . Unless you advisee us otherwise, you agree that we may make the information you provide available for the above purposes to the independent disability groups CIPAID (Concerned Individuals and Parents Action on Intellectual Disbility), the Disability Network., and the Kew Cottages Parents Association. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the electronic information presented on this site. However, Kew Cottages Coalition accepts no responsibility for any loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of the material presented in this service.
What's New | Challenge for Change | Links | Archive | Site Map
© 2003 Kew Cottages Coalition
Reg # A0044698H